Self introduction

Subject: Self Introduction

Dear Professor Brad,

My name is Mu'izzuddin, and this is an introductory letter that will allow you to get to know me better. I am a year one student from class T5 of your communication module, pursuing a degree in Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering.

In 2018, I attained a diploma in Electrical Engineering with a Minor in Business Management from Ngee Ann Polytechnic. In my final semester, I interned at Poh Meng Engineering and had the opportunity to perform the role of a Quantity Surveyor. I followed my supervisor to various construction sites to analyze potential drawbacks in installing electrical components for different buildings. This job scope required me to refine my networking skills as I constantly interacted with engineers from the various echelons. This skill further benefitted me when I served my country as a soldier and instructor in the Artillery formation. I honed my interpersonal skills, which became my strength as I constantly interacted with superiors and subordinates. As an instructor, I had exclusive access to engineering-related systems and operators essential to the guns used. This gave me the impetus to learn more about mechanics as I had the opportunity to analyze and enhance the accuracy and efficiency of the guns. This exposure deepened my interest as I went on to participate in engineering-related projects in the army. Earning the certification mentioned above and speaking to the different engineers affirmed my belief that engineering is the field I would pursue and gave me insight into my future.

One weakness that I am highly aware of is making critical decisions under extreme fatigue. My intellect impedes when I am overworked, affecting my ability to develop the most effective solution to the ongoing problem. Perhaps this is a shortcoming I will learn to circumvent in this module. I consider myself a decisive person under normal circumstances, so working on this weakness builds self-confidence.

In this module, I have goals to develop a system for critical thinking and effectively communicate to the people around me. I believe having a systematic thought process is essential to approach stressful situations and be composed in adversity. Based on the Paul Elder Critical Thinking Method, "Intellectual Standards" and "Elements of Reasoning" is the area I hope to refine in this module due to its emphasis on "clarity," "logical," and also "points of view." Strengthening these areas will enable me to become a more effective communicator.


Best Regards,
Mu'izzuddin Malek

Commented the following blogs
Tin San's Blog (Blog group)
Zahid's Blog (Blog group)
Haziq's Blog (External Group)


Comments

  1. I feel that it is well-structured, and well-explained.
    The purpose of the letter, education background, strength and weakness, and goals are stated clearly.
    Language and grammar are also good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tin San!

      Thank you so much for taking the time to read my letter. I am delighted to have received this positive feedback from you.

      Delete
  2. The introduction by Mu'izzudin is very clear as he supports his points with highly relevant personal examples and explains how it links together. He gives a thorough and critical analysis of his experiences and integrates well into the structure of his introduction. He also articulates specifically that he wants to improve his effective communication using Paul Elder's Critical Thinking Method.

    The reflection demonstrates excellent language and organisation as it shows clear awareness of purpose and audience. Tactful language is used and there is logical development throughout the reflection. Reflection is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zahid!

      Thank you for forking out some of your time to read my letter. Your vivid comment is highly appreciated by me and I'm glad that to have received this positive feedback from you.

      Delete
  3. Dear Din,
    I enjoy reading your email as it was really well elaborated and clear to the readers eye. Your paragraph structure is well-organized and the way you elaborate is precise and easy to understand. You even have a diagram to support your point which I find it amusing.

    In my opinion, one thing you can take note of to improve in the future is to create one more paragraph solely for your strength as an example, so that it would not be too clustered with too much words in one paragraph.

    All in all, I feel that your email is well written and concise. I hope to work and learn more from you in this module.

    Best wishes,
    Bari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Bari,

      Thank you so much for making an effort to read my letter. I have comprehended the constructive feedback you have given me and I will try my best to even out my paragraphs for future writings. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

      Regards,
      Mu'izzuddin

      Delete
  4. Dear Din,

    Thank you for the amazing read. I like the use of Paul Elder Critical Thinking method in your letter. It shows your understanding in the method and this allowed you to make the connection to your letter.

    After spending some time reading through the letter, I noticed that you have a good command of English, making this a joy to read. You are clear and point orientated in your letter. Everything was structured properly. All in all excellent work Din. Keep it up and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

    Best of luck in achieving your goals you have set out for yourself!

    Best wishes,
    Khaider

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Khai,

      Thank you so much for taking some time off to read my letter. I am glad that you had a joyful time reading my letter and your feedback is highly appreciated. May we both achieve the goals we set for this module.

      Regards,
      Mu'izzuddin

      Delete
  5. Dear Din,

    After your peer teaching presentation delivered several lessons ago, we have come to expect excellence in your communication. This letter delivers up to that level and more.
    As you address each of the topic areas for the reflection assignment, you provide clear, significant detail in your explanation and weave together a fascinating story. It's easy to see how both your learning and work journey has brought you to SIE at SIT, and I think the institution is richer for that. I just encourage you to continue to share your stories and insights with the rest of our class. The value in that sharing will be especially important as we move to online learning and project work. I look forward to hearing more from you.

    Best wishes,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Prof Brad,

      Thank you so much for taking the time to read my letter. It is encouraging to have received this positive feedback from you regarding the letter and the presentation as well. I hope to improve more as we progress over the remaining lessons. Once again, thank you for the uplifting words.

      Regards,
      Mu'izzuddin

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post on Quotation for SIE 2016 : Effective Comm

TECHNICAL REPORT : INTRO DRAFT 1 - Proposal for the Integration of the Speed Limiter with the New On-Board Unit (OBU)